FRIENDS OF SAINT GEORGE'S, CULLERCOATS
WHO ARE WE & WHAT IS OUR PURPOSE?
The Friends of the Parish Church of Saint George, Cullercoats is a Registered Charity with the stated object; ‘to beautify and assist in the maintenance of the parish church of Saint George, Cullercoats in the Diocese of Newcastle and to preserve and protect it as a place of Christian Worship’. St. George’s is an outstanding Grade 1 listed building by the renowned architect John Loughbourough Pearson dedicated in 1884.
The ‘Friends’ is a wholly voluntary organisation with no paid staff. It was established on 23 April 2004 and registered as a Charity on 27 October 2004. The trustees meet in Committee at regular intervals during the year to plan events and discuss ideas for fundraising.
In the years since our formation, the Friends have given the church over £60,000 for restoration and the availability of financial support has greatly helped the Church Council in its decision making especially when emergency repairs have been necessary and funds have not been available.
Registered Charity (No 1106482)
Membership of the Friends is renewable each year at £20 (Individual), £25 (Couple) or £30 (Family). Applications for membership should be sent to our registered address: c/o St. George’s Vicarage, 1 Beverley Gardens, Cullercoats, Tyne and Wear, NE30 4NS.
Details about the Friends can bee seen on the Friends website which also has information about joining the Friends.